|JOB TITLE:||Program Coordinator|
|REPORTS TO:||Employment Services Manager|
|SALARY:||$47 190- $55 516/year|
“Despite great challenges we believe unhealthy cycles can be broken, new opportunities created and, through healing, health restored.”
Would you like to be a part of an organization that works with some of Edmonton’s most vulnerable populations and counts on the professionalism, expertise, insight, and passion of its staff to develop programs and services for the clients they work with? Join us at Boyle Street Community Services.
“We stand with our clients, side by side, patiently and for as long as they want – a constant and consistent caring force”
Boyle Street Community Services (BSCS) is a values-driven organization that believes our clients are the experts in their own life. Your job will be to foster innovation with your team alongside our clients. If your values are aligned with our values and beliefs listed at: http://boylestreet.org/who-we-are/mission-and-history/, please consider joining our team.
This position comes with a comprehensive dental, health and drug benefits package, three weeks of annual vacation, and numerous professional development and training opportunities.
Boyle Street Community Services is seeking a Program Coordinator for its Water Wings Employment Readiness Program. The position focuses on preparing individuals, especially Aboriginals and New Immigrant Youth & Adults, for the world of work by improving their employment readiness skills with the end result being:
- They function with greater confidence and competence in society.
- They increase their chance of gaining employment.
- They are ready for further education/upgrading.
- Enabling some to enter the Trades
- Improvement of computer literacy
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Motivate staff, volunteers and practicum students to create a positive work environment
- Assist staff, volunteers and practicum students to follow program processes and to help them achieve program targets and maintain program vision
- Coordinate daily allocation of work in consultation with staff members
- Create and post work schedules for education workers, practicum students and volunteers
- Document and report all relevant performance issues to the Employment Services Manager
- Assume supervisory duties in Assistant Manager’s absence
- Collect and input client data and organize it for reporting purposes, specifically, Mobius and month end statistics reports; delegate data collection where appropriate and provide management with reports for final approval
- Ensure client electronic and paper records are secured per FOIP legislation
- Ensure databases: Dynamics 365, Google Docs, Eventbrite, and program content on the agency’s website and social media sites, etc. are up-to-date
- Ensure program computers are in working order and request IT support for minor repairs or troubleshooting, refer major repairs or replacement issues to management
- Ensure department has necessary resources to run day to day operations and submit expenditure requests to Employment Services Manager
- Prepare or delegate preparation of draft promotional materials (incl. business cards, posters, pamphlets) for Employment Services Manager’s approval
- Post-secondary degree in Education, Business or Human Services and equivalent work experience will be considered
Skills and Abilities:
- Supervision experience to mentor and motivate staff, volunteers and practicum students
- Adept at using computers with a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Some experience/knowledge with a variety of work environments and trades
- Love for teaching, learning and innovation
Knowledge and Requirements
- Knowledge of available educational & employment resources
- Knowledge and experience of Aboriginal &/or multicultural communities is essential.
- An understanding of poverty & marginalization and how it affects those we serve is essential.
- Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check within 6 months required prior to start date
Boyle Street Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of the communities we serve, and are committed to engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Boyle Street Community Services welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, differently-abled, and LGBTQ2S communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Program Coordinator, 19-009BSCS in the Subject Line of the email. In the cover letter please state how you heard about this position.
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidate is Found